"It's our Anniversary"

    The lyrics of Tony, Toni, Tone are running through my head...it's our anniversary!  I can't believe it's been a year already. What a crazy and amazing year it's been! 

    We were married one year ago in Oregon, took an amazing honeymoon in Mexico, went back to our home (of 8years) in FL and packed our bags for a cross country move, did an amazing two week road trip across the country visiting friends and family along the way, moved into an amazing vacation home in Oregon and have spent the fall and winter settling into a new life out West.

     


    It's really something to think back now when folks asked me two months after the wedding "how does it feel to be a married woman" - I always thought that was a funny question and my response was  "no different than before." I mean we had been together for a few years and had already been living together so how could it really be that much different.  I can tell you now if someone asked me that question my response would not be the same.  It is different - but different in a good way.

    In the past year, Keith and I have been settling into our new life in Oregon and with no family or friends nearby we've really had to count on each other more than ever - growing together, learning something new about the other every single day, working and talking through all the little or big challenges that life throws our way and learning how to be a husband, wife and family.  I think the biggest difference is that I've learned more about myself this year than I think I ever have - I can't really put my finger on why but maybe it's that I've learned how selfish I am or how selfish I've been.  When you share your life with someone else there is no room to be selfish and I'm sure that will be amplified 100 times one day when we have children.  Or maybe it's that I've realized that I'm not as independent as I thought I was and that I really do need to rely on others and actually like to have someone to rely on and that relies on me.  And I've learned a lot about Keith too and every day that passes I like him and respect him even more.

    This weekend we'll be celebrating by moving into a new place (hence why my blogging is slacking) - while we are sad to leave our beautifully furnished vacation home on the bluff, we are excited to move into our own little space, create a home for ourselves and finally get settled in. 



    I feel as excited and happy today as I did in this picture one year ago!  Cheers to our first year and all the years we have ahead of us - so many adventures yet to come.  Thank you Keith for being my partner in crime!



Blog Archive