Life lately

    So...I'm sure you can see that I've taken a little sabbatical from blogging lately.  I think every once in a while you just need a break to disconnect for everything and recharge your batteries.  I was feeling really stressed and putting pressure on myself to blog every day even during very busy times like during our move or when things were really hectic at work.  I even realized that worrying about coming up with fresh and inspiring content every day and spending hours on the computer at night was taking time away from my husband and it was contradictory to the very reason I started this blog (to chronicle our wedding planning process and our journey through engagement and now marriage). 

    At times I also felt like I was forcing it and the desire to blog every day was resulting in stale content that didn't always reflect me.  Taking a break has helped put things into perspective but I've really missed it so I've refocused and will be back blogging much more regularly.  I think it's just a matter of taking best practices from myself and my past experiences - planning out posts a week in advance, having several posts in the queue that are started and just waiting to finish up, having specific weekly features and not feeling bad if there is a day you don't have anything to say or just can't get to it. 

    It also helps that I have three wedding I'm in the midst of planning/coordinating this summer and fall and there are lots of fun details to talk about!

    So if you are a blogger and feel guilty when you haven't had time or inspiration to post in a while - don't feel bad about it...we all need a break to stop and smell the flowers (which is what I have been doing!) And even planted a garden!



    Look at all the things popping up in our garden - blueberries starting to peek out, onions bulbs growing every day, lots of chives and fresh herbs and the first patch of strawberries I just picked this weekend.




    Beautiful Mt. Hood and Gorge views from McCall Point hike




    I've got some beautiful real weddings coming up this week so be sure to check in throughout the week - it's good to be back!

Blog Archive