Wedding Trends 2010: Part 1

    There are so many various wedding trends you see on every single wedding blog and on just about every other post.  Some of them I just love and look forward to seeing more in 2011 and others I'm ready to see die.  I will reserve my opinion as I still believe a wedding is such a personal thing and should incorporate each couple's individual style whether trendy or not.

    1) Billy Balls (and the color yellow in general) - This little yellow flower pom was a hot trend in 2010.  It definitely is a great accent floral and gives a nice pop of color.  Yellow in general might have been the top wedding color this season.

    This is such an ADORABLE wedding too.  And with these billy balls are daisies - a 2011 trend, possibly?




    2) Mismatched bridesmaid dresses - This trend brought a huge sigh of relief for me and I'm sure many others.  I know we all remember the days of the matchy matchy, seaform green or pink dresses you wouldn't be caught dead wearing again and likely burned after the wedding!  Today many brides are letting their maids pick their own dresses and often times they don't even match - even better!

    Definitely a favorite 2010 wedding and a friend - the adorable Rachael and her mismatched maids

    Another blog friend, Liz and her gorgeous bridesmaids - who wouldn't wear these beauties again?



    3) Succulents and Air Plants - Ok...I said I wouldn't be partial but I hope these babies stick around at least another year.  I can't get enough of them...and maybe even some more air plants in 2011.


    



    More 2010 wedding trends to come...

Blog Archive