Best non-Valentine's Present Ever!

    It just so happens that Valentine's Day fell over one of my busiest event weekends of the year and it completely slipped my mind - I didn't even get my Valentine a card - isn't that horrible?  I guess all my efforts have been on his birthday present which happens to be next week so V-Day just caught me off guard this year.

    I did however get the baddest ass Valentine's Day present from him.  He's definitely not a big Valentine's Day guy...so he refuses to call it a V-Day gift - he said it's just something he wanted to pick me up b/c of the recent cold weather in FL (but I know better).  He does do random sweet things throughout the year when I'd least expect it like surprising me by decorating the whole house for Christmas or planting a garden or having a special dinner ready for me when I walk in the door from a long day.

    It's been really cold for FL - in the 30's just about every night.  I've refused to turn the heat on so far this year and we've been bundled up in the house going to bed with sweats, fuzzy socks and extra blankets.  I came home Saturday night after working all day and there was a cute package wrapped in newspapers with a homemade paper flower on top laying on my bed (I wish I'd taken a picture).  I found the best present ever inside - a pink custom airbrushed Snuggie!  If you knew My Guy you would know this present was meant somewhat as a joke b/c we always make fun of Snuggies and airbrushing (we see a lot of it since we live in Daytona Beach, FL)!  It turns out it was actually the most thoughtful present since I'm always cold and wanting to wrap up in a blanket (and cuddle).  We both had some good laughs over this one but the joke now is that I haven't taken it off since I got it!

          Rockin my custom airbrushed pink Snuggie!

Blog Archive