Our Wedding: A First Look and Before "I Do"

    Ok, so I've been saying forever that I would start posting recaps but it's been difficult to organize all the photos and my thoughts.  I thought I'd share my first official recap and no better place to start then from the beginning. 

    Keith and I decided to see each other before the wedding...actually I'm not sure it was ever in question.  We didn't really do much of anything that was "traditional" and I'm not quite sure why people wait to see each other until the ceremony.  Before the ceremony folks are likely nervous and on a total emotional high (at least I was) so why not spend that time with the one you love and experience those moments together.  If you are like me, I would highly recommend it so you don't have crying convulsions during the ceremony.  It's great to get some of those photos done before the ceremony and I think when you first see each other and you are moments away from making one of the biggest transitions of your life you can really capture some emotionally charged pictures.

    Keith waiting for me on the banks of the Columbia River
    I wonder what he was thinking at this point!


    Making my way down the very unsteady stairs to my groom


    I love all of our friends gathered around on the deck to witness this moment




    I think I was crying...or I might have been yelling at Keith to take off his sunglasses so I could see his eyes!


    Ahh, there are his eyes!


    I interrupt this post to take a minute here to talk about the photography process.  We LOVED our photographers Gabriel Boone and they really helped make us feel at ease.  But I have to say...Keith and I weren't so good at "looking natural or sexy or playful"...I really wish we were but I just went through this whole series of photos and laughed hysterically at some of our facial expressions and stances.  It's tough to take a good picture when you are trying!  Anyone else feel this way?  I might have to do a whole recap on the pictures that will never make an album!  Beautiful photos no doubt but just not good ones of us!  I think the later pictures were a little more fun and natural b/c it was after a little booze!


    Here is an example of being playful and fun gone wrong!  I finally just turned to the camera and gave my best "blue steel!"


    I like the next series of shots - much more natural!





    One of my favorite shots of the whole day
    I would have rolled around in that grass if I didnt' have a wedding dress on


    All images {via Gabriel Boone}

     
    I'm so happy we got some of these pictures before heading to our wedding venue - Gorge Crest.  While it's a gorgeous venue with views of Mt. Hood, I got ready at the LakeCliff B&B (also the site of our day after picnic) and as you can see they have a beautiful property right along the Columbia River Gorge with sweeping views of the river.  At some point I'll do a venue review of both but definitely worth checking out if you are considering a wedding in Hood River.

    Second installment of "before I do" pictures coming tomorrow!



Blog Archive