Welcome Home!

    So I've been experiencing major blog withdrawal and neglect over the past few weeks since our lives have been a bit crazy.  It's been a complete whirlwind since April before the wedding and we've just been riding this crazy wave and I guess we'll just keep on surfing it until we land on shore.

    Two and a half weeks ago, we packed up our life in FL, had a series of going away parties, one big post wedding party at my parents house in IL and drove 3,945 miles in the old VW across this beautiful country (and Canada!).  It's been quite an adventure but now we are ready to rest!  I do have some great posts in the hopper and some amazing pictures from our trip and hopefully I'll get to them the rest of this week when I'm winding down in our new home.

    My favorite thing about landing in our new town of Hood River, OR was hearing the words "welcome home."  We have fantasized about living in this place - we even got married here - so now to be calling it home is a dream come true for us.  As one local greeted us... "welcome to paradise" - that's just about how I would sum it up too!




Blog Archive