Our Wedding: Dinner and Special Dances

    So...I'll pick up where I left off with our wedding recaps.  My last post touched on our cocktail hour (or two!) and after all those Pimm's Cups it was certainly time to eat.  I heard our caterers did a fantastic job and that the food was amazing but I honestly don't remember eating...that whole dinner hour was quite a blur.  I'm not sure I ever sat down...I was roaming the room trying to talk to everyone.  

    Let me tell you...this is the HARDEST part about your wedding day.  You feel like you never really get to spend any time with your guests.  That was difficult for me b/c I felt like all these people flew across the country to celebrate with us and we didn't get to devote much attention to any one person.   

    Even though our venue came with the round tables I just had to have the long tables.  I felt like it was more communal and went with our family style dinner.  This is another "not so fun" part of the planning - the seating chart!  It's like a puzzle trying to figure out who will sit next to who and dealing with any potential family/friend politics that go along with it.  I think it worked out just fine and if not the good thing is I never heard about it!


    During dinner there were two toasts...one from my Dad and one from my best friend and "best gal" in the wedding, Vail.  My dad's speech was short and sweet but very meaningful.  He talked about the merging of two families and quoted a traditional Armenian toast to honor Keith's family heritage.  Vail, more than anyone else, had spent the most time with Keith and I, vacationed with us, spent holidays with us and talked a lot about the two of us and watching our relationship grow - I definitely think I dropped a few tears on that one!





    We really didn't do many of the "traditional" wedding things like bouquet/garter toss, wedding cake, not seeing each other before the ceremony but one thing we did do was father/daughter and mother/son dances.  I knew I couldn't miss the opportunity to give my Dad the first dance of the night!   We ended dancing to his pick "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers.  



    Awww...one of my favs 

    Keith and his mom danced to "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.  At one point she took off his hat and put it on her head...so cute!






    Before we did our first dance we wanted to thank all of our guests and really call out some of the folks that helped make our day so special.  Again...I'm not sure exactly what I even said b/c I was on such an emotional high.  




    I love this series of photos that were taken while we were talking - it really captures the emotion - I guess whatever we said struck a sentimental chord with folks based on their expressions!

    Before the dance party kicked off we danced to our first song "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele.  Since we didn't have too many slow songs incorporated in our DJ mix we invited everyone else to come up and dance with us so they would get the opportunity to slow dance before the real dancing got underway. 









    I absolutely love this shot of Keith's mom and Grandpa dancing to our first dance...precious!


    Next up...Dance Party USA!

Blog Archive