Thankful Thursday

    With Thanksgiving only one week away it's always a good idea to reflect on all the things that we are thankful for and that bring us joy.  Thank you Liz for sharing this idea - I love it so much I'm borrowing it from you and putting you first on my list.



    1) For the amazing group of bloggers and regular followers/commenters that have followed my journey, that are more like friends than strangers and that continue to inspire me everyday!

    2) Our new home - beautiful Hood River, OR!

    3) Our old friends who have been so supportive over the last year that has brought a lot of change and transition for us.

    4) Brunch!  Enough said - who does't love brunch.  Especially one that comes with a mimosa (or bloody mary) bar.  (Keith and I are some brunchin fools)

    5) Wood burning fireplaces - we were so lucky to get a rental house with one and listen to the crackling sound of wood burning almost every night.  And we just bought a sweet chiminea for the backyard too.

    6) Sunshine - I think I appreciate it that much more now that we've moved from Florida to Oregon.  It might be somewhat less frequent but the way it dancing across the different landscapes here is that much better!

    7) Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  Did you know there is an entire food cart in Portland dedicated to grilled cheeses? I just realized that's the second food related thing on my list.  Oh well, what can I say - I like food!

    8) Pedicures.  I have to say, I'm a barefoot girl and really love myself a pedicure.  Although now that I live in OR those little piggies are covered in furry boots a lot.

    9) This guy!  For being my partner, my team mate and my friend.  For always listening to my crazy ideas and helping me execute them.  Thank you for being my Tony Danza the past few months.  I love you and I appreciate you!

    10) Our families and "home for the holidays" - we head out tomorrow for sweet home Chicago!


    What are you thankful for today?

Blog Archive