Real Wedding: Emily and Josh

    I would love to post photos from our site visit to our wedding venue the Gorge Crest but it was 20 degrees and the ground was frozen and snow packed so we didn't spent too much time outside roaming the grounds or taking photos.  I have definitely done my research on the venue and on weddings in the area by reaching out to other brides who have been married at Gorge Crest or anywhere in the Columbia Gorge area to get advice and any helpful suggestions. I have found most brides are eager to help and happy to retell the story of their memorable wedding days.  One in particular has become my new email buddy and has been so kind in giving me feedback on vendors and wedding planning in the Hood River area in general - so I'm excited to share her wedding and the numerous cute details of their day.  I originally found Emily through Gabriel Boone Photography blog and was resourceful in finding her from there!

    They were married at the Gorge Crest Vineyard and Farms (our wedding venue) but used the Griffin House along the Columbia River as their bridal headquarters.  This is a beautiful location with those sweeping views of the Gorge and a great site for pre-wedding photos.


    Love this photo by Gabriel Boone - view from the Griffin House


    Emily and Josh on the lawn at the Griffin House



    Emily's expression giving Josh this card before the wedding is so adorable!


    There are a series of swing shots - all super cute.  And her shoes...outstanding!




    Ahh...that view from the Gorge Crest - making me excited for our big day...






    Great decor idea - sheet music cones and what looks like a butterfly cut out for the string too!




    Table numbers were done in scrabble pieces with milk glass vases on all the tables



    The milk glass theme carried out on the welcome table



    All the cute vintage details in their blue color palette all tied together nicely








    Her shorter length wedding dress was so perfect! While I'm having mine made by a friend she highly recommended a great place in Portland called The English Dept where she bought her dress. Emily had her gorgeous bolero made out of her mother's 1969 wedding dress by clothing designer Elizabeth Dye owner of The English Dept.  See what it once looked like here on Elizabeth Dye's blog.






    I'm loving the glow of Mt. Hood and the moon in the background - crossing my fingers for a clear day




    My favorite touch - The Voodoo Donut display - Emily said this was a huge hit and a great way to tie in a little Portland culture into the evening.  We are thinking about doing donuts as well right before everyone leaves for the night - late night donuts are always a hit if you ask me!





    Thanks Emily for letting me share your big day and to Boone for the great photos!  It's getting me pumped for our wedding day.

Blog Archive