Wedding Update!

    Scary...we are only 5 months and some days from the wedding, how is that possible?  Time flies when you are in the engagement bliss stage!  I never wanted a long engagement but now I'm wishing we had just a few more months.  Don't get me wrong - I can't not wait to marry my guy but having the extra time to plan and to be in this really fun and exciting time without too much stress would be nice.  I figured I'd give a little progress report on where things are at - even though it won't look like we have a lot done I feel good about the planning. 

    Things completed:
    - Location selected
    - Ceremony and Reception venue booked
    - Save the Dates sent out (which means guest list is done)
    - Wedding Website complete
    - Registry - started and active but still needs work
    - Officiant booked (our friend!)
    - Groom ring ordered

    Still need to do:
    - Book caterer
    - Book photographer
    - Confirm location for day-after wedding picnic and caterer or food service
    - Book tickets to Oregon
    - Figure out where we are staying in Hood River
    - Wedding Dress - having this made but still need to buy fabric, etc
    - Book wedding transportation (school bus)
    - And 100 other little details

    There is still a laundry list of "other things" and then of course decor and look and feel of the wedding day.  This has been the most difficult since as you can see from my other blog entries I love so many different things.  We might like the overall rustic look but there are so many little details that I love that it's tough to narrow the focus.  We might have to renew our vows every year so we can fit in all the things I love! 

    My goal is that with the holidays and some downtime around the corner I can chip away at this list.  I'm going home to Mom and Dad's and I typically don't get out of my pj's or stray far from the couch in the comforts of home so it should a good time to get this done.  And since sadly my guy will be at sea this holiday season(frowny face) he will gladly let me take this on!

Blog Archive