Travel Tuesday: Remote Mexican Paradise

    I've decided to start a new series called Travel Tuesdays dedicated to my obession with travel.  We LOVE to travel and I have a credit card payment to show for it.  I can justify that though b/c I've always felt that nothing can replace the experience or memories made when exploring new places.  I've been so fortunate to have traveled to so many wonderful places and look forward to the many adventures ahead of us. 

    I really do have quite an obsession with travel - I buy just about every travel magazine or book on the shelf, watch every travel related show or TV network and regularly scour the internet for our next trip.  We started a travel file that is right now bursting at the seams with cut outs from magazines or articles on places we'd like to go and we've even made a vision board that is dedicated to our travel wish list. I've dreamed of being the next Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel - I mean how did she get a job like that? 

    As you might imagine I'm having quite a good time researching places for a honeymoon.  Our typical vacations are trekking through places like Costa Rica usually exploring every new town or village we come across and ziplining through the rainforest or spending the day surfing.  We are usually always on the go trying to squeeze in everything we can while we're there and it's ususally on a pretty tight budget.  We've decided for the honeymoon to find a place to just relax, enjoy good food and drinks and really unwind (if that's possible). 

    I stumbled upon this place somewhere in the blog world a while back and can't get enough of their video -

    What a perfect spot for a honeymoon!  Etched into a hillside on the Pacific coast of Mexico - you have to take a boat to get to this place and then mules carry your luggage up the hill.  If you are looking for total relaxation in a really remote jungle paradise with amazing views of the ocean this might be it.  Look at the Palapa suite and the Tea House - all of the little thatched roof houses look amazing!  Wow...this is definitely what we are looking for but Verana didn't quite win out for the honeymoon spot but we'll add it to our list.

Blog Archive