Guest Post: Our Wedding Through the Eyes of a Friend

    I'm so excited about this guest post by my dear friend Kara who was a guest at our wedding in Hood River, OR.  After our wedding we received so many lovely emails from folks telling us about their experiences over the weekend at our wedding and it was so nice to hear all of their feedback - it made it all worth it.  I asked Kara if I could share her comments and recap of the weekend and thought it would be fun to show our wedding through the eyes of the guest.  I knew it would be very different from our experience and now that I see pictures and read about their time in OR I'm kind of sad we had to miss out on some of it! Thanks Kara for your kind words and look forward to planning your wedding!


    It's been a few weeks since Deb and Keith's wedding but I still haven’t gotten over the splendor of it all! What an amazing wedding weekend – so intimate, so beautiful, so filled with love.

    First of all, thank you for bringing us all to such a gorgeous place! Hood River was so charming. I knew the area had special meaning to Debs and Keith, and now I know why. There were breathtaking views everywhere you look; it’s an athletic and artistic town, with a real appreciation for good food and good drink. What more can you ask for?!?

    There were a few things that struck me throughout the weekend. One is that everything had a personal touch. Debs, it was the most handmade wedding I’ve ever attended and it’s incredible how much more meaningful it made the celebration. From the wedding tree guest book, to the paper flowers, to the engraved signage. I mean even Debbie's dress and Keith’s shoes were handmade!

    Thumbprint Guest Book

    Paper Flowers handmade by Debbie's cousin

    Wooden Mrs./Mr. signs made by the groom!
    {all pictures taken by Kara}

    Another thing that was so cool was how all the guests gelled so well. It was a true testament of Deb and Keith’s character, how their friends and families so easily meshed and celebrated the weekend together. Whether it was the wedding morning hike at Rowena Crest or the group song that broke out on the bus ride post-reception or the wine-tasting at a nearby vineyard.
    Group Hike to Rowena Crest

    Impromptu wine tour to Gorge White House

    I must say though my favorite part of the weekend was probably the ‘Hair of the Dog’ brunch. Once again, I loved the personalization! The handmade pennants, to the outrageously decorated donuts, to the continuation of the wood burned signage. It was so chill – a little Bocce Ball, some Bloody’s and some great conversation.

    "Hair of the Dog"

    Homemade Pennant Flags made by Deb's sister - too cute!

    Voodoo Donuts - Portland's finest!



    Debs and Keith, it was one heck of a wedding! I want to go back and relive it again, and again, and again. Such fun! I’ll tell ya one thing, as a gal who has yet to be hitched, I hope you’ll be ready to help plan my wedding some day!

    All my love,
    Kara 

    Kara and Debs

Blog Archive