One Major Detail....Overlooked

    It's been just about one month since the wedding and I'm still trying to figure out how to compile all the photos and organize the wedding recaps.  I have so many amazing memories of that day I'm looking to get it all down while it's still fresh in my mind.  I LOVE our wedding photos by Gabriel Boone and just received the image CD's in the mail on Friday and have been spending all weekend sifting through them and re-watching the slideshow100 times.

    While the photos really do capture the day and the emotion on our faces tell the story...we don't have one second of video from the entire wedding weekend!!!  I can't believe this is something we overlooked.  Actually the truth is I definitely did not feel we needed (or had the budget for) a professional videographer and I did tell several friends to bring their Flip video cameras but never once thought about reminding them or asking them that morning if they would shoot any video of the ceremony.  I wouldn't care if it was grainy, crappy footage - just to capture those few minutes of total raw emotion - hell, I would settle for a tape recorder just to hear our words.

    I guess the day couldn't be completely perfect (but pretty damn close to it) and with all the other details to remember I guess you are bound to forget something, right?  I'm just so mad at myself but if I can share that advice with other brides so they are not kicking themselves the day after their weddings than my blog has served a purpose.  So word of advice...even if you think you may not want a videographer now at least make sure someone is taking some kind of video of your special day so you can play it back for years to come...trust me - you will want it.  The day goes by in an instant and you will be so caught up in the moment and wishing you could relive it - with video, you can!   For us...we'll still have the pictures which really do tell a beautiful story of our day.

    Here is one I really felt captured that particular moment - more to come!


    I love this picture.  
    Keith was reading me his vows and I look like I'm about to burst into song I'm so happy! And our friend and officiant Chris has the biggest smile on his face too. 

Blog Archive