Finding the Bridesmaid Dress

    I honestly didn't care at first what my bridesmaids wore.  Since I am only having two I definitely wanted them to pick their own dresses so they felt comfortable in them and so they might actually wear them again.  But when they asked me for some direction - style, colors, etc. I started looking around for examples and just landed on something that seemed to work for both of them.

    I have say - if I were having several bridesmaids I am really loving the mismatched look that seems to be a popular trend these days.  I think if you are going to go that route though it's important that your bridesmaids are communicating with each other and making sure to coordinate their colors and styles.  Here are some example of some really beautiful dress pairings - clearly I'm drawn to the neutral, natural and romantic styles.

    Love the peach dress - very similar to the one we landed on


    Gorgeous {via} 100 Layer Cake





    My FAVORITE - had we gotten married in Costa Rica or Mexico I would have done this
    {via} Ruffled



    Really like this dress...


    {via} etsy seller The Wedding Collection
    She has a wide selection of colors


    But...the winner is

    {via} J Crew

    They will both be wearing a different color in this dress.  I really like the silk chiffon and think you can pair it with a great necklace (like the one she has on) maybe a hair flower and cute shoes.

    And I found the CUTEST flip flops over the weekend for the bridesmaids to wear during the dance party at the reception.  I don't want to ruin the surprise by posting a photo of them but a hint - they are from J Crew too.  

Blog Archive