Flower Power!

    So you may recall last week I was having some trouble deciding what kind of flowers I wanted for the wedding bouquet - I love the wildflower/fresh herbs look and also the gorgeous groomed roses and ranunculus.  I sent my flower lady a collage of different pictures and likely confused the hell out of her. I did know that I wanted to use local flowers in season vs shipping them in or special ordering them. Luckily she was able to help me narrow my focus a bit after talking with some of the local flower farms in the Hood River area and finding out what is in season at that time. And this is what we came up with - the best of all worlds!


    Lavender is so plentiful in the Hood River area it actually inspired our whole color palette for the wedding
    Naturally we have to use it - it's so beautiful!


    I definitely wanted some white mixed in - good thing white peonies are in season!

    and how about the purple peonies - gorgeous!



    You need a little green and this Lady's Mantle just happens to be in season
    It almost looks like green baby's breath to me


    I had to have the lilacs - just reminds me of my youth and smells so good!


    Snowballs are in season and so fun!

    Ok...these last two we will have to special order in Portland but so worth it
    Ahhh....lavender roses



    I would do succulents for the whole wedding if they weren't so expensive
    We had to have some of this awesomeness at least for my Guy's boutonniere!



    There you have it - a lot going on but think they will all tie together beautifully whether in the bouquet, adorning someone's hair or decorating a table.  Flowers make me happy!



Blog Archive