Kids at Weddings

    I know that folks have strong opinions on this topic.  I honestly think it's up to the couple whether they would like to include kids in their big day or not.  Some people will tell you that a wedding is no place for children.  Personally I would disagree with that but do think it depends on the couple and the situation. 

    If you are having a small wedding like us then odds are most kids would be relatives or children of close friends that are very much a part of your life. It was very important for us to include those kids in our day.  I can't imagine our nieces and nephews not being a part of the wedding or any of the other children we've had the privilege to watch grow up over the years.  And since we are having a destination wedding we figured some folks may want to make a vacation out of it and bring their families and didn't want to put the burden on them of trying to find child care for their kids while they were away.  On the other hand I have friends that are looking forward to a getaway without their children and are happy to get a sitter for the weekend.  Then there are those friends that can't make the wedding b/c they will being having kids in April or May (love you Carrie/Jeff, Ted/Kate) and others that will be at the wedding with big baby bumps! Either way, we wanted to leave it to our guests and offer the option for them to bring kids.

    I mean just look at some of these adorable pics...




    My FAV




    {via} Ever Ours









    {via} Natasja Kremers



    If we were having a big wedding we might feel differently from a cost standpoint and b/c you may end up with more kids than adults!  Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of times I'm happy to see "no kids allowed" like on a vacation with My Guy when we are trying to get some R&R.  I actually scout out hotels that don't allow children.  But I feel that wedding ARE a place for children and that their playful, youthful spirit adds such joy to the day.  After all, Keith and I are just big kids ourselves!

    What do you think??

Blog Archive