Here comes the...Groom

    We headed to Orlando for dinner over the weekend and decided to take the opportunity to look for a wedding suit for my Groom.  Clearly we were not looking at the right stores or maybe it's just that hard to find what we are looking for.  He really likes the 1920's/30's look - three piece suit (vest), fedora, suspenders - would a cane be going to far?  Not sure that he would wear the full suit with the coat - maybe just the vest.  I love that look too and have seen several great examples just can't find it anywhere.  I knew I had a photo buried somewhere in one of my numerous photo boxes of my Grandpa and Great Uncles back in 1937 on the front steps of a Chicago brownstone that would inspire the look he is going for - I found it! 



    The scanned picture shows a little blurry but you get the point
    I LOVE this photo



    Johnny Depp has some inspiring looks as well...







    I think this might be my favorite minus the gun and add a hat



    Ahh...or maybe Old Blue Eyes





    Really like something like this with the contrast in color



    Maybe something like this? Of course no longer available in his size!




    Like this slightly more casual look and that he brought some color in with tie and flower




    The other problem is he's really hard to fit - tall, broad shoulders, long torso, thin waist.  We may end up having to get something tailored to fit or custom made but the hunt is on for the right suit.  Any suggestions?


Blog Archive