I give this ring...

    I know that several folks blog about this topic and I would love the advice of others on this one too.  I have a beautiful diamond engagement ring that my love picked out and had custom designed just for me - and I love it!  It's about that time to start looking into bands and honestly I'm wondering if I even need one (or at least the traditional one).  I went to look at a couple of bands and tried them on with my ring but I wasn't really excited about any of them.  They tell me I have to have a platinum band since it needs to match the metal of my ring but $1,000 for a plain platinum band seems crazy. I think my ring is amazing and beautiful on its own without the band.  Now I realize the symbolism of the wedding band so I'm not suggesting I don't have something but does it need to be the traditional wedding band?  Or can I get another meaningful and less expensive ring that I can wear on my right hand? 

    I'm SO excited about the ring I'm having made for my Guy - it has so much meaning - the symbolism of the wood and the inlay will include stones and shells we have collected from places we have traveled together and that are important to us.  There will also be a special inscription inside.  I did a post about it a while ago and more to come on this as my friends at Touch Wood Rings are hard at work on it and have been sending me photo updates...heee, heee.

    I've seen some amazing alternative wedding rings/bands out there that I would love to consider like...




    Tree of Life Ring by Turtle Love Committee








    Didn't save the source - let me know if it looks familiar


    Or could we take a special gemstone that has special meaning in our family and make another ring from it?  Or how about something with his birthstone or the stone from the month we are getting married?  I'm just thinking I'd love to do something special that has significant meaning to us without breaking the bank.

    What do you think?

    Don't forget to sign up for the GIVEAWAY for the cutest tree pillow ever! 

Blog Archive