Wedding Day Hair...veil or no veil!

    Hair will be the biggest thing to stress me out on the wedding day.  I'm really particular about my hair and only on very rare occasion do I stray from my hair stylist.  I won't have much choice in the matter though given I'm getting married in Oregon and she's in FL.  I've had some really horrible bridesmaid do's over the years and don't want to take any chances on the big day.  I really believe in looking like your natural self on your wedding day so I'm definitely going to wear my hair down since I never wear my hair up unless I'm working out.  And I've never met an updo that looked good on me (I'm sure there are pictures somewhere)!

    The other question is - what about a veil?  I'm really thinking that's also a big fat "no" but then again I've seen some really cool alternatives out there like hair bands, flowers, hair pieces (and I don't mean extensions) but I'm still really uncertain.  I think the hair piece must also coordinate well with the dress and since I don't know what mine will look like until it's almost done this is a tough one. I tend to like really loose curls and the salty, windblown just got out of the water from surfing look - shouldn't be that hard for a stylist, right? 



    I totally heart this look and it works well with that dress but not sure it really would go well with mine




    Then there is the girl with my favorite dress ever - really love her wavy do and flower crown.  Think the hair works for me but the crown might be too tropical island for a mountain wedding





    This is the fabulous do I posted yesterday that's just a mess of braids and twists with that gorgeous band...but I can really see the wrong stylist completly messing this one up




    Getting warmer...this is about my hair length but mine might be more in the slightly annoying in between medium and long length. Taking Biotin...we'll see if that helps between now and the wedding.
    Great hair piece too!




    This is definitely doable and the single flower is a perfect accent

    It looks like she did wear a veil though during the ceremony




    Any suggestions on hair stylist in Hood River?  I'm sure no one knows but it's something I need to investigate to avoid the stress.  I'll only be out there three days in advance so I won't have much time for any trial run...it's  good thing I don't want anything overly complicated.

Blog Archive