Real Wedding: Rustic Charm Wedding Weekend Celebration: Part 2

    I believe a wedding should be an entire weekend of celebration - why not?  I refer to March as "my birthday month" - I should at least give my wedding a whole weekend, right?  I'm  beaming today b/c my sailor comes home after a four week trip but it seemed like so much longer since we missed out on getting to spend any of the holidays together.  I'm looking forward to a weekend wrapped up on the couch, cuddling to stay warm with this cold FL weather.  It really is cold - was in the low 20's last night. 

    Yesterday I shared one of my favorite rehearsal dinners I've ever seen that was held at a private estate in Hunters, WA.  The wedding ceremony and celebration that followed the next day was equally as fantastic and just looked like a lot of fun.  Congratulations to Sarah Rhoads - this wedding was featured this month in Seattle Met: Bride and Groom - of course it was!


    Love this classy dress - if you are indecisive about dress length this one is great....long and short






    Very Aubrey Hepburn-esque

    This dress is so much fun!



    Great idea for the ring delivery


    Beautiful shot


    I noticed this one made Sarah Rhoads "Best of 2009" blog


    Dog with bowtie...cute





    I would love a hayride at my wedding!







    Groom karaoke - they had fun!

    I couldn't agree more with the couples advice in the article in Seattle Met: Bride and Groom..."Get people out of their comfort zones and do some kind of destination or getaway wedding. Weddings like that are always an "experience" rather than an "event." 

    I've been getting a TON of comments from friends but mostly extended family members like "why Oregon?", "you aren't going to make this easy, are you?", "why wouldn't you get married in IL" and my favorite "where is Oregon"...I don't mean to be harsh but my response really is - don't come if you don't want to.  I agree with this couple - it's about the experience as much as the event.  Our thought has always been that we want the weekend to be as much fun for all the guests as it is for us.  The naysayers obviously have never been to Hood River, OR/Columbia Gorge area and once they do I think they'll be thanking us for getting them to visit this beautiful area of the country.  I understand there is a cost associated with flights, lodging, etc. but with friends and family spread out all over the country most would have to fly to the wedding location anyway.  I have never let location stop me from going to a wedding of someone I love and I hope that wouldn't stop my friends and family - money, other obligations, babies arrival :)...I totally understand but not location.  Can't wait for a whole weekend celebration and one big ass party - 141 days to go!


Blog Archive