Raise a Glass - Signature Drink

    Since we are getting married at a vineyard and to save some money we've landed on just serving beer and really good wines.  We do love the idea of one signature drink during the cocktail hour following the ceremony - something unique and refreshing.  During one of my yearly work trips to Sonoma the bartender at the hotel was making a drink that looked really interesting and since I'd had my fair share of wine decided to try it.  The drink was a Pimm's Cup (kind of an old fashioned drink) - I'd never heard of it before but it was fantastic!  It tastes like a lemony iced tea with touch of cucumber and ginger ale - maybe that doesn't sound so good but it is.  Since then our work crew enjoys Pimms Cups every year we go back to Sonoma - or wherever else we can find a bartender that actually knows how to make one.  I introduced the Pimms to my Guy who shares my taste for this yummy drink and he decided to make a few for us last weekend when we were trying to decide on our signature drink. 


    {via} My Guy

    The Pimms Cup is really easy - just add Pimm's (should be able to find at most liquor stores), Ginger Ale, splash of FRESH lemon (never use lemon juice in a bottle - it's the only thing we had) and garnish with cucumber and a strawberry or an orange.  If you google Pimm's you'll see there are several variations to this drink but we've found this is the tastiest.



    See those wood planks underneath - we'll be using those at the wedding too!

    So I think we've landed on the Pimm's Cup but I think everyone should come up with a creative name that ties into the wedding - so what do you think?  Maybe "The Loving Cup"?  We could always play the Phish version of this Rolling Stones classic during the cocktail hour.


    And I just bought these fun paper straws to go in them!

Blog Archive