Today I'm 32!

    Yes...today is my birthday.  I'm 32 years old today.  I've been extremely blessed so far in this life and feel the best is yet to come and that's a tall order given the past 32 years.  Today at 32, I feel my life is just beginning and that there is so much left ahead of me...so many adventures in front of me.  If you asked me two years ago at 30 I would have told you I thought the sky was falling and that the fun years of my youth were over.  I'm embarking on a whole new adventure this 32nd year of my life and with the greatest life long partner at my side.   

    When he asked me what I wanted for my birthday I honestly couldn't think of a thing.  Sure I could dedicate an entire blog post to all the wonderful treasures I'd love to have but just having him home is enough for me.  He works a job that sometimes keeps him away months at a time (in fact for 3 months right after our wedding, boo!) so I treasure the times he is at home more than anything else.  Since he's been home he gets up early (even though he doesn't have to) makes me breakfast (ususally eggs which he can't even eat), sends me to work with lunch and has dinner ready by the time I get home not to mention does the laundry, cleans the house and works on wedding projects during the day while I'm at work. One of my favorite lines from "The Art of Marriage" that I might use in my vows is "the little things are the big things" - so true!

    Birthdays are usually a huge deal for me....I guess b/c my parents always made them feel so special and important.  In fact I refer to March as my birthday month and use it as a reason to celebrate all month long. But the only thing I really need on this birthday is what everyone needs on their birthday.  Cake! - like I always say, "it's not a birthday without birthday cake"....so today what I look forward to most is spending the night at home with my love and eating my birthday cake (maybe even in my birthday suit)!


    Yum!

Blog Archive