Paper Flowers

    I am loving all the paper flowers I've been seeing lately on many of my favorite blogs.  Today I even saw the sweetest paper flamingos in Anthropologie that were made with pages of old books and sheet music.  I've been sending my cousin all kinds of different links when I see cool DIY decor ideas for the wedding since she is so crafty and creative. She has a wonderful blog, Three Little Chickies, that showcases some of her crafty projects and certainly her poetic writing.  She sent me a lovely surprise in the mail - a very cool paper flower in purples and greens (the colors I'm considering for the wedding) that is constructed of different kinds of papers including maps from my home state and pages of interesting text with little green beads, wire and ribbon.   Whether I use these tied to the ceremony chairs or as decor on the reception tables we will definitely be incorporating paper flowers in the wedding.  Thanks Kirie - the flower is awesome and hung up in our kitchen near the chopstick holder you made for us!




    Paper flowers have been a growing trend at many recent weddings - so fun and a great DIY project and likely more cost effective than real flowers.





    Love these flowers with leaves



Blog Archive