Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

    So, after a long search we finally landed on a venue.  It was actually the first venue we spotted that we really loved while looking through Blaine and Bethany's slideshows.  Isn't that always the case?  It's usually the first outfit you pick out, the first thing you look at on a menu that you always end up with in the end.  Maybe you always knew it and your gut was telling you that was it but it's human nature or at least typical from me and my guy to over complicate these things.  I always do better with fewer options.  Like a resturant with a huge menu - it always makes me crazy b/c there are usually 10 things I want, I'll narrow it down to three and then I'll  end up with the grilled cheese sandwich I knew I would get anyway!

    While the venue is very different from previous options I've posted it's absolutely stunning none the less.  There are wicked views of Mt. Hood and wonderfully manicured grounds.  I actually haven't been there to see it for myself but if a picture is worth a thousand words - then it certainly suggests this place is gorgeous!  We'll have the ceremony outside but hold the reception inside the house/barn to get that intimate feel we are trying to acheive.  With a smaller wedding the grounds would probably swallow us up if we tried to do the dinner outside.  We're really excited about the inside which has huge Montana fireplaces and a rustic feel with giant doors that open up giving it an indoor/outdoor feel. 

    Drum roll please....our venue selection - Gorge Crest Farms and Vineyard in Underwood, WA.  This was also just steps from where my love proposed so it's that much more special.


    Mt. Hood in the distance with wildflower field in the background (Blaine and Bethany)



    In the vineyard fields - Mt. Hood in the background


    Love this photo in a hammock on the grounds (Blaine and Bethany)


    Fields of wildflowers





    Walking out from inside house/barn down the stairs - by Powers Studios






    On the grounds of Gorge Crest - and love her shoes!  (by Gabriel Boone)



    Outdoor set-up for reception - also a great option (by Gabriel Boone)


    Barn/House with fireplaces and brick paved back patio (Powers Studios)


    It was actually the first venue I contacted as well and since we didn't have a date in mind other than thinking probably summer so I just inquired about the availability.  They were booked June 1st - September 26th!  The only option was Memorial Day weekend or into October.  Wow, Memorial Day seemed too soon and weather is so unpredictable in that area after September.  We liked the idea of a three day weekend since most folks attending will be coming from places East of the Mississippi and it would give more time for travel.  But I also loved the thought of being a fall bride!  This brings me back to the argument should you pick your date and work from there or venue first and see what's available? I guess it depends what matters most to you. For us with all the early indecision it was good we didn't have too many options.  So Memorial Day weekend it is...gives us three days to party!



    Our Halloween jack-o-lantern


    As a total aside while we were shooting the pumpkin - look at what we found living inside our bamboo wind chime....are you kidding me?  I'll never step foot on our back porch again!



    Yes - that is a snake head!

    So, on with the planning - exactly 200 days until our wedding.  YIKES! 





Blog Archive