With this Ring...

    Why should guys get to have all the fun? Although most grooms would probably debate that the ring search and selection process is not fun - more likely they would say it's overwhelming and stressful.

    I personally never really thought about what style ring I would want some day when I got engaged. I generally don't wear a lot of jewelry and if I do it's probably wooden bangles or funky earrings.  I always think it's crazy when I hear a girl talking about exactly the ring they want - shape, size, etc. or as one of my friends once said - the 4 C's - I had no idea what that even meant. And then there are those that even go as far as picking out their exact ring.

    I won't lie, I've admired the hands of many woman with diamond rings or any ring for that matter and usually it's the unique and different ones or very simple styles that have caught my eye. I can say now that I'm actually glad I had no input in the decision over my ring.  First - I thought it was so special that my guy went through the process of searching out the perfect ring and actually had one custom made for me.  And without any expectations of what I wanted - it is the perfect ring!  Second - I had to go into the jewelry store where my guy got the ring to have it resized and was overwhelmed at all the BLING and different diamond styles in front of me.  No wonder guys stress over this decision - it's more likely the ring decision and not the whole marriage thing they struggle with!

    I can't wait to find the perfect ring for my guy.  He had given me some ideas of things he saw and liked while looking for my ring so I think it's a good start to my search.  Although I think I've found something...check out Touch Wood Rings

    First of all - I love these people - they live off the grid in the middle of nowhere and their lives and work are powered by the sun!  The rings are all custom made and eco-friendly.  I love the thought of sending them jade rock and shells we've collected in Costa Rica and other areas and incorporating that into the rings.




    Rose wood rings with abalone shell and eilat shell inlays



    Rosewood with a lapis inlay



    Hawaiian Koa and Blue Spruce with a turquoise inlay




    I really love these rings and I know my tree hugging granola man will love a wooden ring that is custom made with special consideration for the environment.  It will make it extra special to include an inlay with all the wonderful things we have collected from places we love. 

    On the Touch Wood Rings site you can read about the meanings of each of the different woods they use for their rings.  I really like the Hawaiian Koa wood that represents integrity and strength, sensitivity and protection. The description from the site says that "The energy associated with the masculine aspects of this wood are duality and balance. Koa in its feminine aspect brings a fiery energy with creativity, beauty, and wisdom and strength."  HA! - the feminine aspect of fiery energy is right on for me.

    I think what I will do is have one ring made for him and one for me.  Who ever said you HAD to have a wedding band that matched your engagement ring?  I could have my beautiful diamond engagement ring for my left ring finger and then a matching wedding band on my right ring finger that is made with the same materials as his ring!  What do you think? 

    Check out Touch Wood Rings  and Wooden Ring blog as well as David and Nicola's sweet blog - The Homestone - that is dedicated to their off-the-grid simple living!

Blog Archive